In our final “Parenting on Empty” podcast, we both talk about our “Top Ten” parenting things to remember. Thanks for listening to our podcast over the past three years!
Tamara’s Top Ten List:
- Talk until you’re blue in the face.
- You are not responsible for your children’s end choices.
- Never measure success by how you are doing today.
- Failure happens. Learn and rebuild.
- Define your terms for yourself and your kids (they can’t read minds.)
- Find ways to celebrate together.
- emotionally invest in relationships outside of your children.
- Love wins.
- Actively look for your kid’s talents.
- Rest in the sovereignty of God.
David’s Top Ten List:
- Talk less listen more.
- Find the humor.
- Seek out adventure.
- Keep parenting a priority.
- Be humble. Apologize.
- Be the example.
- Say I love you.
- Creativity takes effort. Make the effort.
- Win the parenting war, but be willing to loose battles along the way.
- Ask for help. You need it.